Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Nails with Essie Luxeffects!

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up two of Essie's Luxeffects polishes. I think these are relatively new (they're the Holiday 2011 collection, so I guess that's as new as they could be) and I absolutely love them. Essie intends these polishes to be used a topcoat (which I didn't...Seche Vite goes on top of everything for me), and they add a seriously beautiful effect to any polish color. The two that I purchased are Set In Stones and Shine of the Times. Set In Stones is a silver glitter with hexagonal and micro-particle pieces, and Shine of the Times is an iridescent, almost opalescent flakey glitter. 



Both are stunning, especially when layered over another polish shade; I stuck to dark base shades so that the glitters would be more prominent (Russian Navy underneath the silver glitter, and Black Onyx underneath the gold). I tried to go for a snowflake-y thing with Set In Stones...I'm not sure if it turned out as well as I would've hoped, but it's still pretty. Oh, and excuse me for the sorry state of my cuticles in both pictures - yuck!

I'm usually a fan of glitters only in the wintertime, and I think the new Essie Luxeffects are a really pretty way to make your nails look more festive. Do you like glitter polishes? Have you tried any of these? Leave comments below and let me know what you think! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment