Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Heaven in a Jar?

Light blue sky, fluffy white clouds, pure bliss; these are the makings of heaven, right? Well, it's no coincidence that this small blue jar from Clinique holds my own personal Utopia. I was never one for night creams. My daily lotion worked just fine for me, and my oily skin certainly didn't need any extra moisture. But as the months grew cold and the air became dry, I noticed some flaky patches around my eyes and mouth. Cue this little bit of heaven! Clinique Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer (whew, that's a mouthful) is rich, creamy, and dreamy!

I purchased this cream from Nordstrom for $46.50 USD, which I consider to be a reasonable price for a night cream. When I asked the salesgirl if this product was oil-free, she responded, "nothing is oil-free." Huh? A quick glance at the packaging informed me that this product is indeed oil-free (a necessity for my rather oily skin), and made me raise an eyebrow at the less-than-informed employee. But enough negativity! I've been using this cream for almost three weeks, and the difference is more than noticeable. My skin looks brighter, smoother, and the pre-wrinkles (is that a real term? If not, TM that son of a gun!) on my forehead are much softer. Clinique products have always worked wonders for me, and this little gem is no exception. The box states that this is for "very dry to combination oily" skin, and I truly believe it will suit all skin types. If you're looking for a night cream for the winter months, or need a little more moisture year round, I'd give this a try.

The texture is to die for!
Have you changed your skincare routine to accommodate the winter weather? Have you tried this this heavenly cream? If not, what's your favorite night cream? Leave comments below! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment