Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve!!!!

I love New Year's Eve! It's so festive and fun, and it is the best excuse to wear a sequin dress, haha. I think NYE is a good time to experiment with makeup and accessories. When I think of New Year's, I think of glitter, gold and sequins.  Here are some ideas to inspire you!

Beyonce's hair and makeup in this picture is so much fun. She did a dark smoky eye with a nude shimmer lipgloss. I like how she used a pearly shimmer liner under her eyes. She used glitter extensions that aren't too obvious but reflect in the light. I love this look.



I just used this OPI polish from the "Burlesque" collection. It's called "Glow Up Already!" and is a beautiful opaque glitter. Most glitter polishes are annoying because they don't cover my nails completely, but this one is a ton of glitter that doesn't let any nail show through.

How about some gold shoes? This pair is from Steve Madden, and although I am not crazy about glitter shoes, there is no better time than New Year's Eve to wear a pair like this. I know my sister is obsessed with these. If your dress is more on the simple side, these are a fun addition.



No matter where you are going and what you are doing, remember to have fun and be safe!! I hope everyone has a fabulous New Year's Eve and a wonderful 2011, and ring in the new year with style!

No comments:

Post a Comment