Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes Beauty - 2012

Well, well, well...it seems like award season has snuck up on us once again. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was fawning over Emma Stone's peachy perfection at the 2011 Golden Globes! This year, I'm pleased to say that there were more hits than misses; I thought everyone looked beautiful, minus a few dim stars (I'm talking to you, Angelina. Christmas was a month ago; why are you dressed like Mrs. Claus? I expected more from you!). It was hard to narrow down the best: Charlize Theron (her dress! that headband!), Kristen Wiig, Viola Davis, Michelle Williams...the list goes on and on. My absolute favorites were Jessica Chastain, Julianne Moore, and Kate Beckinsale.


Jessica Chastain is the next big thing, I'm telling you! Besides her amazing acting talent, she is a true beauty. Everything about this look was perfection: the oversize pearls, her hair's soft sweep back, the dusty rose lips. Understated but completely glamorous, Jessica Chastain shows that you don't need to overdo it to stand out. For a similar look, try Tom Ford Beauty Lip Color in Coco Ravish.


Kate Beckinsale is a real glamazon. Here, she's bronzy, radiant, and dripping in sparkle. Those earrings are to die for! This look pairs a bronze smokey eye with a light pink gloss. Her blush is tawny and placed under her cheekbones for lots of definition. Her hair is loose but elegant. This look is soft without sacrificing sexy. If you'd like to try this look, I suggest NARS Blush in Douceur.


Last (but certainly not least) is Julianne Moore, who I firmly believe can do no wrong, ever. Her fair skin is flawless and stunning, and her red hair is the most amazing color. I love how the jade green earrings compliment her Chanel gown. Like the other stars in this review, Julianne Moore's beauty is not overdone but still makes a huge impact. She's got a rose blush on the apple of her cheeks, a natural sheen on her lips, and lots and lots of dark lashes to intensify her green eyes. If you know me, you know I looove dark, smoky lashes. If you do too, why not try Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara.

Well there you have it, my top picks for the 2012 Golden Globes. Did you watch the broadcast, or see any photos online? If so, let me know what your favorite looks were! Xx

Photos from Getty Images and AP Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment