Saturday, January 1, 2011

After a long night out...

While I hope everyone had an amazing time last night, I bet I know what everyone is dealing with this morning.  Personally, I didn't wake up until well past noon...I guess that's expected when you get home at 6 in the morning. :(  Not that I'm a party animal or anything, but seriously, when the party is only getting started at midnight, what do you expect?

So I know some of you may be tired, hungover, or let's face it, just feeling rough, here are some tips to ensure that your morning will be as fabulous as it can be.

ALWAYS, and I can't stress it enough, wash your face the night before.  No matter how tired or beat you are when you get home, there is no excuse for going to bed with your makeup on!  And honestly, I'm not crazy about makeup-removing cloths either.  I feel like they leave a weird film on your skin, and they are no replacement for water and cleanser.  Getting all that makeup and pollution off of your face will feel so good, and you'll be glad you did it in the morning.

The night before, and when you wake up in the morning, apply a nice eye cream.  This will help keep your eyes bright and refreshed, and helps to get rid of dark circles and shadows that are bound to appear after a long night out.  Using an eye cream regularly will also help with any puffiness.  I like All About Eyes from Clinique.  It's got a nice consistency and feels pretty luxurious on my eyes.  Make sure to moisturize your face in the morning to keep your skin from looking dull.


If your plans don't require a full face of makeup, I would avoid eyeliner and mascara.  You want to keep your eyes as bright as possible, and mascara and eyeliner might give you unwanted shadows.  Use some concealer (bonus if it's also an "eye brightener", like Touche Éclat from Yves Saint Laurent or Active Light concealer from Jane Iredale).  Rub some cream blush on your cheeks to give you a nice glow- I like MAC Blushcreme in Posey.  It looks bright in the pan, but it is a pretty pink color that will help you look alive.  Use a moisturizing lip balm and you're good to go.


Make sure you drink LOTS of water to keep your skin from looking dull and ashy.  Just because you partied hard the night before doesn't mean you have to sacrifice the next morning!  Have a wonderful day, and an even better year!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this eye cream, great recommendation =)

    ReplyDelete