Friday, January 14, 2011

Ole Henriksen Firm Action Mask: My Review

Skincare has kind of been my obsession lately.  I think that clear, beautiful skin is the most important aspect of great makeup; it's your canvas, so treat it with care.  My latest acquisition was the Firm Action Mask by Ole Henriksen.  My sister Adrienne uses products by Ole Henriksen and she seems to really enjoy them, so I was excited to try this mask.  I feel bad saying it, but I was kind of underwhelmed.


The first thing I noticed was the smell, which is supposed to be "aromatic", but I found it kind of cloying and strong; too much scent to be sitting on my face, right under my nostrils.  The texture is similar to your typical clay mask, but dries slower and to a much harder finish.  I'm talking feels-like-you-have-a-stone-mask-on finish.  The label instructs you to keep the mask on for 30 minutes, which kind of seemed like a long time to me.  Maybe I'm just used to face masks staying on for 15 minutes before I'm good to go.

 Don't get me wrong, once I rinsed the mask off, my skin felt smooth, but I just felt super dry and tight!  My skin is pretty oily, but I think this overcompensated and just sucked any moisture I had out of my face.  Knock on wood, since I began the Pond's Experiment, I feel like my skin was looking great! (I'll post my final evaluation of Pond's next week)  But yesterday, I noticed some pretty obnoxious blemishes creeping up on my forehead and chin.  Product of this face mask?  I'm not sure, but I wasn't impressed enough to give it another chance.  The price of the Ole Henriksen mask isn't bad ($27 USD), so if you feel like you could use some drying action, give it a try.  Otherwise, I'd say skip it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Be safe! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment